Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Movie Magic

I'm kind of just stating the obvious here, because we all know what I'll be talking about today as it was such a huge hit at the box office this week. Me and my friends have seen it multiple times. It truly is a remarkable game changing film. I'm talking of course about Leap Year.





I will be talking about key plot points so if you're one of the few people who haven't seen it you may want to skip this post and just come on back tomorrow. Nothing personal.

As we all know according to Irish legend a woman can propose to a man on leap day and the man has to accept. We've all been caught up in that little pickle. So Anna decides to head to Dublin to propose to her boyfriend. Her plane is diverted and she meets another guy and eh I can't do it.

I can't make fun of this seemingly dull and idiotic, but what turned out to be a charming movie. Amy Adams is just a delight. Has there ever been a more enrapturing, adorable, and gracious actress to be on the silver screen. Beautiful cinematography of the Irish country side. Stupendous score. What a story this is! A woman crosses the world to be with her boyfriend, but discovers instead true love in unexpected places. Matthew Goode is a joy to watch as the reluctant driver who takes her across country to bring her to her boyfriend, but instead learns a little about himself and about love. But you know what blogosphere I learned a lot about love and maybe just maybe a little about myself.

I give this movie 5 Leap Years out of 5 Leap Years. Leap Years being the measurement of which I now measure all movies by.

Quote of the Day: We're building an igloo in Central Park. It's going to be legendary! Snow-suit up. -Barney in How I Met Your Mother
Movie of the Day: District 9
Song of the Day: "Series of Dreams" by Bob Dylan

1 comment:

  1. so you are saying its an ok movie? not good, but not bad? why is not movie of the day? it doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete