Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finally, a sign of winter.

snow! 

"and lots of it, kids!" -Chevy Chase's character in the Nickelodeon hit movie "Snow Day"

This is what us in the biz call a curve ball. (Putting the quote of the day right there in the beginning). Had to do it, any chance to quote my favorite Nickelodeon movie starring Chevy Chase, Chris Elliot, Josh Peck, and Iggy Pop (yes, kids, the same Iggy Pop that imdb describes as "Legendary Rock 'n' Roll wildman and substance abuser") I must take advantage of. 

Anyway, it snowed today- great news for skiers and blowboarders everywhere. (I wrote blowboard instead of snowboard because snowboarders, well, blow. (im crafty).) 

O, and I forgot to mention:  Yesterday's song of the day, though I thought was quite random, came on in the bar I was at last night. This may seem like no big deal, but allow me to explain. I am watching the tv show "Las Vegas" (highly recommended) and am currently in season 4 which aired in 2007. I heard the John Legend song in one of those episodes. I proceeded to make it my song of the day. THAT VERY NIGHT I am in a bar, that I have frequented in the past, that usually plays a pretty standard and repetitive playlist (including hits like Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA and that Sweet Caroline song written and performed by Mr. Neil Diamond and the Counting Crows song that everyone knows called Mr. Jones- incidentally I know a Mr. Jones and he does tell fairytales while staring at beautiful women) and this John Legend song, comes on. Now, let me pose a crazy thought. The maker of the playlist, yes the very creator of the mix of songs that comes on IN THE BAR, is a reader of the blog. This may or may not be true, and is probably untrue due to the incredible length of connections, random chatter, and lucky browsing it would take for him to encounter briaries in only its first 2 days of existence, BUT still pretty darn cool. 

I had a few more snow/blow jokes, but I just don't think I have the energy after typing the above paragraph. 

Song of the Day: "Taylor" by Jack Johnson (because the video is hilarious- check it out)

No comments:

Post a Comment