Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Social Experiment: Part One"

Sorry, no post yesterday..whatevss.

"Social Experiment: Part One"

I, for the past year or so, have been conducting what I describe as a social experiment. I have only told a few people here and there about it, and only as a part of the social experiment. I have decided to finally share with the world my findings and motives and well everything about it. Today I will reveal one motive and part of the experiment. 

-How to get people to do stuff for you:
That is right. All of those who know me are not surprised in the least. However, I have tried many things and many ways to try and get people to do stuff for me. I will name the top three ways to get people to do stuff for you.
1. Be subtle. If someone is sitting in a seat that you wish to sit in, then ask them to get up while having another conversation. Make it come out of left field so the person doesn't have a chance to think about it. This could cause them to do something that they may not want to do and in your favor.
2. Flip flop it. Let them call you out on trying to swindle a chair from them. Then after they call you out and think they got you...bam you flip flop. Get emotional. "I'm sorry, no, its just I was sitting on this other chair and my back is killing me, I just want to have a good time. I just thought as a good friend you might, I don't know, switch chairs for a little while." Bam, now they feel bad and that chair is as good as yours.
3. Barter. Find something that you don't really want and make it seem appealing. Then offer it in exchange for what you want. I usually bring an extra beer with me to casual hang outs for this very purpose. Bonus if you bring a beer you don't like, so you are never upset about giving it up. Another part of bartering could be to give someone a beer, say, in the beginning of the night. Then you keep the "hey, come on, I gave you a beer earlier" card in your pocket for later. 

That concludes "Part One" of my social experiment. Much more to come. 


Song of the Day: "Tick Tock" by Kesha
Quote of the Day: "The party don't start till I walk in." -Kesha, in her hit song Tick Tock

No comments:

Post a Comment