Tuesday, December 8, 2009

14 minutes, what shall I think about?

Poems!!!

I have 14 minutes before the day is over, so I am writing these poems super quickly!

In the land of ice and snow
Falling
A world, with remorse and ineptitude
Shadows in the light of darkness
The darkness speaks
Falling
As a hand brushes our shoulder
Falling
Is the dirt of my shoulders
Not off of my shoulders, of my shoulders
Speaking the words of the darkness
Falling
A subtle tone, a simple beat
We are all inferior
We are all
Falling. 

That one is called "Falling"

Lightning strikes
Winds blow
Thunder thunders
Mountains grow

Water calms
Deserts heat
Volcano erupts
Drums beat

Internet connects
Iphones app
Government rules


First one was free verse, second had a rhyme scheme and another scheme for you to figure out (has to do with plurals). The first one is about how no matter how good we think we are doing we live in a world where we cannot succeed and leads to a conclusion that you should not take for granted small battles won, they are all you got. The second one is a poem that could have been updated over the past millions of years. It is untitled. It is about how things are and will do what they are and will do. It leads to a conclusion that things change and everyday something new will arrive. I chose to not write a final sentence. One reason could be to emphasize governments control of our lives. Another reason is for you to come up with one on your own. Same with the title. Things are what they are, it is up to you what you do with them (message of the poem).

Song of the Day: "No Rain" by Blind Melon
Quote of the Day: "Are you kidding me!?" -a kid in one of my soccer classes, he stated this quote after every single thing I said to him (to be fair I was kidding him most of the time)


No comments:

Post a Comment